Skin care doesn’t have to be complicated, cost a lot of money, or take a great deal of time. Follow these simple tips for a lifetime of beautiful skin.
- Cleanse your face morning and night. Apply the mildest product that works for your skin type, with clean hands; no washcloth (they can harbor germs and bacteria), and no harsh scrubbing. Rinse with warm, not hot water.
- Use a mild toner on a cotton pad to remove excess oil and dead skin cells.
- Smooth a little acne medication on troublesome areas, if needed.
- Follow with a light, oil-free moisturizer.
- Use sun protection every day! If you don’t want this extra step, purchase a moisturizer that includes SPF.
- Shower and wash your hair daily.
- If you do get a pimple, don’t pick or squeeze it.
- Consider lifestyle and environmental factors that may have a detrimental effect on your skin – avoid smoking and sun (or tanning bed) exposure; eat a healthy diet, drink lots of water, and get regular exercise.
- See your dermatologist if you have questions about skin care, find an unusual mole or mark on your skin, or have problems managing acne.
A call to your dermatologist is a great place to start designing an easy, customized plan to nurture radiant skin. The professionals at Unique Dermatology, will examine your skin, listen to your concerns and skin care goals, and individualize a program for your specific needs – whether you’re a freckled, red-headed teen with an oily face, or a mature, dark-complexioned, adult with dry skin.
We offer specialized advice on scar revision, photo-damage, skin cancer, and unwanted pigmentation. We have the training, skill, and experience to safely administer laser and photo therapy and chemical peels.
Unique Dermatology also offers a complimentary cosmetic consultation. We believe that dermatology is a long-term partnership with our patients to ensure their healthy, radiant skin and peace of mind.